Thursday, February 02, 2012

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Young at heart and a little naive in the head I was, in the early stages of my adolescence when I attended an abstinence seminar - "No Apologies". It was a lifetime ago, or perhaps it just feels like it... but the course of time hasn't changed my mindset nor has it changed my stand towards the pledge I took regarding abstaining from sex until marriage.

It was a long marathon of teary eyes and emotional roller-coasters during the seminar, as I can recall. And the reason for it has everything to do with this video: 



Imagine being born without arms. No arms to wrap around a friend ; no hands to hold the ones you love; no fingers to experience touch ; no way to lift or carry things. How much more difficult would life be if you were living without arms and hands? Or what about legs? Imagine if instead of no arms, you had no legs. No ability to dance, walk, run, or even stand. Now put both of those scenarios together… no arms and no legs. What would you do? How would that affect your everyday life?

Meet Nick Vujicic.

And if a man without neither arms no legs can have an eternal fire burning for God and the will to carry on and live life, who are we to say that we can't.

To read more about him : Nick Vujicic

No comments: