Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Don't be a drag, just be a queen

Patience and I don't get along so well, or shall I say, we don't make a good couple. We're an equation to disaster. However we try to work our way in this relationship to keeps things smooth-sailing, it's only the surface of our hardened hearts or perhaps even our plastered smiles that fool people into believing that we're purr-fect. But looks are deceiving, as they all say, and despite the times Patience has tricked me into thinking that good things come to those who cherish and appreciate him, I still continue to wait. To love him. To love the meaning of the word 'Patience'. Otherwise, if not for Patience, I'd be a quick-tempered, sonofabitch from hell. And we wouldn't want that now, do we?

Anyway, moving on.

What I meant by the whole paragraph above about Patience was that... well, I'm not even sure what I meant by it. All I know is that it has tested me in situations and ways I never thought possible. Like for instance, when I was caught in the rut of uncertainty if whether I'd done the right thing by listening to Dad's misguidance instead of my heart. Or perhaps, on a more precise note, the fact that the people I surround myself with neither know nor realize the beauty of being their own person, true to their heart and proud of who they are. This is when even my Tolerance is tested, being the partner in crime that goes hand-in-hand with Patience.


Just so that we're clear, I'm not trying to be all high and mighty here. I'm not proclaiming that I'm 'Original' and I'm definitely not proclaiming that I'm the best at anything and everything. But this issue about doing the exact same things I do, wearing and purchasing the exact same things I wear and have, I've been dealing with this for years now. And I'd come right out and say it to your faces that it is just so damn tiring. I'm tired of worrying if whether we'd wear the same thing at the exact same time, or that we'd both lose ourselves in the process of this 'copy-and-paste' dance routine. It's not only this, truth be told, but to cut things short, I just hate it - like HATE IT.

I'm so sick and tired of people wanting to hang out with me just to judge me from the clothes I wear right up to the things I do, and then behind my back, do and wear the exact same things. I'm not paranoid, this I know for sure because every time I encounter someone who becomes an acquaintance and in the process of time, who becomes a friend, the exact same shit goes on immediately after having settled the issue with the last nuisance.

I can't comprehend exactly how frustrating it is, knowing that the people who disguise their innocent smiles and sweet words of encouragement are those who end up hurting you and leaving you disarmed and helpless.

I don't mind if you have the same clothes as I do or buy the same things I do. But it's bullshit if you dare say that it was pure coincidence. Bullocks.

Before I began typing what has been eating at my heart for years now, I sort of prepared myself for the hatred  that may come spiraling my way. So, sue me if you're not satisfied. You know who you are, and you'd know alright if you feel offended in any way.

Just know that when you do, I probably wouldn't want to have anything associated with you. Nah uh! It may be tough but I guess this is when I'd learn to suck it up and move on. Being the two-faced you are, you didn't deserve my friendship anyway.

So long!


P.S - Please understand, I've been dealing with the same shit for years now and even if it takes all my strength and effort to get you to be your own person, whoever that may be, I'd say it and do it all over again.

No comments: