Monday, January 02, 2012

A diary for such an occasion

I've never really trusted myself with keeping diaries, in terms of keeping it safe as well as having the discipline and devotion to write in it everyday.

I do this at the beginning of every year; I'd find a diary or an empty notebook, which has a pretty cover and immediately write my name on the first page so that no one else takes it. At the bottom, I'd end with my signature and my contact info in case it gets misplaced.

In the days that follow, the first few pages would have something written on it. I'd pen down my thoughts, dreams or random sparks of ideas that cross my mind.

A week or two goes by and the next thing I know, it has been placed on a shelf with the other books/diaries I never read/write in. Or worst still, I lose it.

However, when I gave this keeping-a-diary thing a go at the beginning of last year, I made sure I wrote in it everyday or whenever I could and on New Year's Eve, I wrote on the last page.

Today, since it's the beginning of a new year yet again, I rediscovered an empty journal, ripped open it's plastic seal and wrote on it's first page.

This year, I'm giving this whole keeping-a-diary thing a go once again because after last year, I believe in myself - I also believe that when I want to do something, and if I keep at it everyday, it becomes possible.

No comments: