Monday, January 16, 2012

Swallowing my pride



There's a visibly huge gap which has been drawn in between the Internet world and myself, leaving me with never really much time to make a getaway to my little nook in the blogshere (which I often visit on a daily basis to at least draft my thoughts, if not write it out), let alone watch YouTube videos.

However, the other day, after Prissy posted this video on my Timeline (which took me a few days before I got to watching it) I managed to make time in my non-existent busy schedule to watch it and deny as I tried, I was caught up in the reality this video portrays about couples or to be more exact, two people who are in a relationship.

I never really gave much thought to the whole fight-and-make-up cycle couples go through but I know first-hand that what was going on with the couple in the video above, isn't far off from what I go through with my own unicorn. (Although, I wouldn't describe him as a unicorn because that's just weird. He is more along the lines of my Batman, or any kind of superhero who saves people from danger and no matter how many times he warns or advises to 'Be Careful' or 'Take Care', he'd still be there without a doubt.)

Him and I, we're pretty compatible. He respects my space and freedom and allows me to do whatever I want, as long as I keep the promises I've made to him regarding our relationship. He encourages me and doesn't stop me from doing the things I love to do. And even though we are miles and miles apart, there's always that 3 hours in a day I look forward to hearing his voice and to tell him every little detail of my day.

But like most couples, the times for arguments and quarrels not only existed, but prolonged as the months went by. Those times, they still do exist although not as frequent as before. Sometimes even the most littlest and stupidest things which, after moments later, would have been forgotten entirely. Come to think of it, most of the time, it's me who is to be blamed. I'd swallow my pride and admit it cause' it's the truth. More often than not, he's the one who takes up the role of the forgiver while I be the bad guy, breaking promises and his heart with the things that I mindlessly do. Thick invisible layers of hurt and anger filled the air and it was during those times when our relationship became exactly the way Josh described his relationship with Marissa:

 "We became one of those relationships where it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. And let me tell you, that's never a good way to describe a relationship."

Things won't be turned-around immediately but there's a slight feeling of hope when by the end of the day, we put aside our different point of views, swallow our pride and apologize. Sometimes, due to human nature, we tend to take things for granted and look past the things that are important, the things that have been right in front of us all along. It's the decision we make from then on which allows us to realize how much we would rather apologize than risk the relationship with the person we love. All I know is that when it comes down to the sticky messes in our relationship, I wouldn't mind apologizing time and time again, even if it wasn't my fault (after putting up a fight, occasionally! Tee hee ), because he is worth it. He really is, and I'd rather say 'Sorry' than lose him.

And if someday the arguments and quarrels and fights gets too much for us to handle on our plates and drive us to god forbid, Stage 6: Downhill or Stage 7: Breaking up , I'd remember the time when him and I crossed paths and I'd always be thankful for that period of time. And I hope that wherever he is, he would be thankful too.

No comments: